-->

Monday, June 11, 2007

New goodies!

So I'm a bit lazy right now to run down a snap a few pictures (although I could use Stephanie's excuse of I "lost" my sync cord, but why bother) but I got some excellent stuff this weekend from my mom and sister's adventure up north to the shop the Fold.
They got me a skein of some super excellent Trekking yarn in what other color but brown, my favorite! I can't decide what pattern to make this sock pair up with yet, but I am leaning towards Monkey. We'll see though, since I have to finish three pairs of jaywalkers I have started. I need to learn how to knit two socks at once so I won't have so many orphans around!
I also got a super excellent dying kit--with a super excellent dyer's handbook! I'm not sure if I'm quite ready to give up the KoolAid (I just bought a ton!) but I'm looking forward to more experiments in dying.
My HSKS package for my partner was also completed today! There were a lot of 'firsts' involved for me in this swap! It was my first swap, it was the first time I've made stitch markers, it was the first time I dyed yarn...and it was the first time I won anything in a swap contest (thanks to my house's prefect, Sarah and her great trivia games!)
Now off to finish my socks...

No comments: