-->

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dropped Stitches, Pet Food Recalls and Detox Tea

So I was in a bit of a panic this afternoon when I was told there was another recall on pet food--dry food this time. Not sure if this is completely true or not yet as I was having trouble finding information on the web tonight. What I did find out about the food my dog was eating is that its been recently associated with some illnesses and complications in dogs. So, that convinced me to convince my husband to head out to Whole Foods and pick up some Newman's Own dog food and milk. And boy does he love the stuff! He busted into that bag like he'd never seen food before. I had to hide the bag after I gave him his portion so he couldn't get into it. I wonder if he'd be like that with the actor Paul Newman of Newman's Own? Could he have been any better looking in the Hustler? I don't think so.
Here is a link to the pet food recall list in case you haven't already been.
And in other recall news, I got an email today that drugs containing phenylpropanolamine are being recalled. This, however, I'm not sure is anything new, since most of the articles pertaining to this are from 2005.
On to the detox tea. I've been a little 'bound' up the past 5 days or so, and I mean nothing was helping. I felt like I'd eating ten pounds of licorice and it was all sitting in my gut. Very uncomfortable. Well, finally, after two days of detox tea and a handfull of medimucil pills, I'm free. I've never felt so bad. It was to the point where I'd heard a commercial for a 'detox spa', I texted the website to myself so I could check it out later. I was pretty pissed off when I finally got around to looking it up and it turned out to be a "romantic spa" for couples. sick.
My jaywalkers should finally be done soon, I'm an inch and a half from the start of the heel flap--it always seems to go faster when you get there (at least to me!).

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Awesome PODCAST Marie-that was sooo funny-never have I laughed so hard at 8am!

-Shannon